Marketers constantly look for ways to influence our decisions and spend billions of dollars every year on advertising and useless schwag in order to do so. Expert marketers know how to influence people to obtain new customers and evolve quickly to stay ahead of competition. Studying human behavior and decision-making processes led Jignesh Shah on a new digital path on how to influence others.
Jignesh Shah is the chief executive officer of Rybbon. Rybbon is a digital gifting platform enabling marketers to deliver customized electronic gifts like gift cards and digital content. Jignesh launched Rybbon to solve a recurring problem associated with incentivizing customers and prospects. Incentives today are predominantly physical items like pens, shirts, cups and many other items you pick up at conferences or sales booths. These physical items don’t fit well with digital channels we use to consume services and Jignesh says you should change your way of thinking.
In this episode I talk with Jignesh on why he started Rybbon and what is his most difficult task. Jignesh explains how the company originated, a failure they overcame and how it became a success after modifying their tactics. Jignesh goes on to explain some of the data driven decisions the company makes and how that influences sales and marketing tactics at his company.
Questions During Episode
- What does your company do?
- What is an egift?
- Can’t I get a gift card directly from the retailer?
- What is the problem you are trying to solve with this solution?
- What feedback do you have from customers and gift recipients?
- What other items are you looking to distribute in the future?
- What is difficult about running your own company?
- What data-driven decisions are you making?
- Are there any failures you can talk about?
- What did you learn about your failure and how did you modify it for success?
- Who influences you and where do you go for inspiration?
- Do you have a favorite book?
- How do you people contact you?
- What would you do with your free time?
Links and Mentions
- Rybbon – http://rybbon.net
- Twitter – @Rybbon
- Marketo – https://www.marketo.com/
- Hubspot – http://www.hubspot.com/
- Survey Monkey – https://www.surveymonkey.com/
- Metalogix – http://www.metalogix.com/
- Thinking Fast & Slow, Kahneman
- LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/jigneshdshah
- Twitter – @jshah1998