TJ Waldorf ( @tj_waldorf ) is Vice President of Growth Marketing for INAP. TJ has led both sales and marketing teams and drives the marketing to make data driven decisions, and more importantly, revenue metrics. Currently based in the Chicagoland area, TJ spends his “free time” with his wife and 7 year old son. TJ and I talk about content marketing attribution, seo and how sales teams should leverage content.
This episode of The Scott King Show is sponsored by ScaleX.ai. ScaleX is a sales acceleration platform using powerful artificial intelligence. If your sales reps are not each booking 25-50 appointments a month, then they need AI-based personalization. ScaleX works with all modern marketing automation and social media platforms to get more meetings and multiply hours spent talking with prospects. Visit ScaleX.ai/scott and receive three Playbooks for dormant Leads, downgraded opportunities and the popular outbound playbook. These playbooks have proven to increase lead conversion rates over 400%.
Questions During Episode
- Why did INAP acquire Singlehop?
- Why did you decide to bring content marketing back in house?
- Did you have anyone on staff already that could handle the SEO workload?
- Was your staff excited to bring this back in?
- What did you think would happen when you brought in SEO and content marketing from vendors?
- What type of content was your team working on during the initial effort?
- How did you create the content from the sales team and CEO?
- Is your blog the most valuable content?
- How do you prove content marketing works?
- What are you doing for attributions?
- What would the sales team say is the most valuable content?
- What do you think buyers want from content?
- How do you help the sales team with social selling?
- Who on your team is looking for news and market influences?
- What do people ask your advice on?
- Who or what do you listen to or read to get inspiration?
- If you didn’t have any responsibilities at home or work next week what would you do with your time?
- Closing thoughts?
Links and Mentions
- Joe Chernov
- Singlehop Blog
- LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- TJ’s Time Management Tips
- Podcasts TJ Follows
- Crossing the Chasm