Jascha Kaykas-Wolff ( @kaykas ) believes in two key principles: Find opportunities where no one else is looking; And, never fail the same way twice. It’s a methodology centered around Agile marketing practices and marketing technology. Coupled with a B.A. in Psychology from Whittier College, it’s one that’s served him well professionally and personally.
Prior to joining Mozilla, Jascha most recently served as CMO for BitTorrent, CMO for Mindjet, senior vice president of marketing and customer success at Involver, headed Global Marketing for Webtrends and experience at Microsoft and Yahoo!
In this episode, Jascha discusses how he got into marketing, what he has learned throughout his 20 years in B2B and B2C marketing and process automation techniques he brought over from app dev. He talks about how marketing should be a discipline taught and how you can find success in creating a sustaining throughput when implementing agile methodologies and technology to measure objectives and key results. It’s a fascinating listen and I hope you enjoy it!
Questions During Interview
- What do you do at Mozilla?
- Do you think customer feedback is a driver of marketing process overhaul?
- Which KPIs that you look at everyday?
- If you were at dinner with 4 other CMOs, how will you convince them to adopt agile marketing?
- Do you regularly read any specific blogs or listen to specific marketing pundits?
- When people call you for advice, what do they ask you?
- If you could do anything with your time, what would you do?
LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/kaykas
Twitter – @kaykas
Blog – https://medium.com/@kaykas
Book – Growing Up Fast
Links and Mentions
Mozilla – https://www.mozilla.org
Mozilla Firefox – https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/
Title II – https://www.fcc.gov/general/open-internet
Jack Dorsey – https://twitter.com/jack
Mark Zuckerberg – https://www.facebook.com/zuck
Kobie Fuller – https://twitter.com/kobiefuller
The Growth Verse – http://www.growthverse.com/
Scott Brinker – https://twitter.com/chiefmartec
Beckon – https://www.beckon.com/