Dave King is head of global marketing at Asana. He dedicates his time demonstrating why Asana is the best way to manage projects and tasks. He monitors Asana’s brand and leads growth to build the Asana community. Previously, Dave led the marketing teams at Percolate, Highfive, and Salesforce Community Cloud. Dave holds a B.S. from Duke University, in Psychology and Cognitive Science and an MBA from the Stanford Graduate School of Business.
The average knowledge worker spends 60% of their day coordinating their work.
In this episode, Dave explains the waste many marketing departments produce and how working smart produces better results. He touches on the rise of the growth hacker and how metrics derived from these process experts improve marketing channels. Dave then provides insight on how removing “work about work” increases time to produce creative that will ultimately drive your business.
Questions During Podcast
- What is Asana?
- Why do people use Asana?
- Are many of your customers marketing teams?
- You’re launching a new product for marketing teams. Can you tell me more?
- What problem does it solve for marketers today, and how does this fit in with all the tools that marketers already have available to them?
- How do you anticipate companies / customers using the product?
- Who or what do you listen to or read to get inspiration?
- What do people ask your advice on?
- If you didn’t have any responsibilities at home or work next week what would you do with your time?
Links and Mentions
- Scott Brinker’s MarTech stack
- Podcast – Hardcore History by Dan Carlin
- Walter Isaacson
- Measure What Matters – John Doerr
- TED – Why the secret to success is setting the right goals
- Free Asana Trial