Lou Jordano is the chief marketing officer at Crimson Hexagon, bringing more than 20 years of experience building and leading high-impact teams within global enterprises and high growth startups. Prior to Crimson Hexagon, Lou served as the CMO for Attivio, a privately held cognitive search and insight platform company. Previously, Lou was the CMO at Ektron, now Episerver, and held leadership positions at TIBCO Software and EMC, now Dell. Lou holds a Master of Arts from Hofstra University and a Bachelor of Arts from Holy Cross College.
In this episode, Lou and I talk about the cultural differences and constraints at companies trying to use social media platforms. Lou then explains the prevalence of shared images and how machine learning will provide marketers with powerful context to sell more products and services.
Questions During Podcast
- Are you scraping social posts and data and helping companies determine what is happening with their brands?
- What do your your customers tell you about what your platform does for them?
- Do you watch marketing trends for your own business?
- Can you tell us what is trending right now?
- Have you ever pulled an all-nighter playing with the Crimson Hexagon platform?
- What are some tips on using social media data to inform online/social as well as offline marketing campaigns?
- How do you advise companies on using social media platforms?
- How do you scrape metadata from images?
- What is your perspective on AI and machine learning, and how does this affect the future of marketing?
- What is your favorite social campaign?
- Who or what do you listen to or read to get inspiration?
- How can AI help marketers optimize their campaigns and messaging?
- What is the most common question people ask you?
- If you didn’t have any responsibilities at home or work next week what would you do with your time?
- Closing thoughts?
Links and Mentions
- How much data is created on the internet each day
- Colgate Palmolive
- General Mills
- The Prize
- Stanley Tucci