- Pick a time. Interviews last approximately 60 minutes.
- 20 minutes prep time, 20-40 minutes recording time
- Schedule a time here
- Review Past Episodes if you wish https://thescottking.com/podcast
- Review the questions below. I’ll customize them based on your speaking topic and expertise.
Thanks for being a part of the sales and marketing podcast as an expert contributor. I want this to be a great experience for us both and for our audience. Here are a few tips on how we will conduct the interview.
The podcast provides a high-level view to listeners into how sales and marketing leaders grow their businesses and build their brands. Each week there will be an episode where you are the expert on generating new business, delighting customers and breaking through all of the digital noise. Example topics can include:
- Sales Effectiveness
- Sales and Marketing Alignment
- Sales and Marketing Operations
- Technology and Tools
- Growth Mindset
- Influencer Marketing
- Data Driven Decisions
- Customer / Community Engagement
- Your Big Idea (this works best)
The goals for the podcast are to provide sales and marketing leaders with real-world tips and advice. Your advice and expertise will provide insight to what is and isn’t working to those trying to market their own products, services or looking to enhance their careers.
Who is the Audience?
The audience is mid to senior-level sales and marketing leaders or those that want to move up in sales and marketing.
Before We Record
- Obtain a Skype ID or send me your current ID. Mine is “the.scott.king”. We will record the Skype conversation.
- Make sure you have earphones and a microphone for your computer. Most have internal microphones but external mics perform much better. The standard Apple earbuds work OK but do have issues with the mic rubbing on your face.
- Find a quiet place to perform the recording. Background noise will be picked up in the recording (people talking, sirens, office noise, outside noise, air conditioners, TVs, etc.).
- We’ll prep and discuss talking points before we begin recording.
- Record Interview.
Where Can I listen to “The Scott King Show”?
You can listen to each episode on the site at thescottking.com/podcast or subscribe via your favorite podcast app. The Scott King Show is syndicated to the following streaming services
Example Questions for podcast
- What do you consider the biggest challenge for sales and marketing teams today?
- How do executive teams need to address these challenges?
- What is one tool or service your team depends on more than the others?
- Why does it perform better than others?
- What type of continuing education or training do you provide your team?
- How do you see or digital experiences evolving?
- What type of data driven decisions are you making?
- What reports or data points or KPIs do you monitor in order to optimize?
- What does disruptive mean to you?
- What was one of your most successful campaigns? What made it effective and how did you measure that?
- What is your most proud accomplishment?
- Describe a time when a project you were overseeing did not go well?
- What did you learn from that and how do you avoid that from happening again?
- If you were at dinner with 4 of your peers, what would you teach them?
- Who or what do you listen to or read to get inspiration?
- What do people ask your advice on?
- If you didn’t have any responsibilities at home or work next week what would you do with your time?
- Closing thoughts?