All Day DevOps Speaker Interview
Thank you for being a part of All Day DevOps as an expert contributor. As you seek to educate DevOps professionals about your topic, expertise and results, we also seek to promote your session. This interview will be an asset for you and the conference team to promote your session and build awareness for the conference. Here are a few tips on how we will conduct the interview.
The goals for the interview are to produce an engaging video asset describing you and your All Day DevOps session.
Who is the Audience?
The audience is DevOps professionals and those seeking to learn more about making better applications at a faster rate.
Before We Record
- Schedule a time here https://calendly.com/thescottking
- Scheduled time is 30 minutes and includes last minute preparation. The end promotional video is only 5-8 minutes.
- The Zoom link will be updated in your calendar invite after you book a time.
- Make sure you have earphones and a microphone for your computer. Most have internal microphones but external mics perform much better. The standard Apple headphones work OK but do have issues with the mic rubbing on your face.
- Find a quiet place to perform the recording. Background noise will be picked up in the recording (people talking, sirens, office noise, outside noise, air conditioners, TVs, etc.).
- This is a video call so be mindful of your work space. Clean up the mess and take out containers from last nights coding session.
- Turn off all of your notifications on your laptop and phone. Close all of your tabs so you can focus on your answers.
Where are the interviews posted?
The interviews are posted on AllDayDevOps.com and its social media properties.
Can I see examples?
Yes, there are some examples here from All Day DevOps 2018.
Example questions for video interview
- What is your DevOps topic for the conference?
- How did you come up with that?
- How long have you been working on this?
- What led you to this point?
- What are you looking forward to at All Day DevOps?
- Rapid fire questions
- Who is the most overrated band of all time? (this is a band everyone loves but you don’t get it)
- Do you listen to music while you work or code? If so, what?
- Who is the most famous person from your home town?
- What do people ask your advice on other than DevOps?
- Who inspires you?