Lee Caraher ( @LeeCaraher ) is the founder and CEO of Double Forte PR & Digital Marketing, a 15-year-old national agency that works with beloved and up-and-coming consumer, technology, and wine brands. An acclaimed communication strategist, Lee is known for her practical solutions to big problems.
Lee has a reputation for building cohesive, high- producing teams who get a lot done well and have fun at the same time. She is a straight talker who doesn’t hold too many punches, although she does her best to be pleasant about it. Her big laugh and sense of humor have gotten her out of a lot of trouble.
In this episode, I talk with Lee about her book, “The Boomerang Principle.” The book describes Lee’s experience and advice on rehiring employees and building lifetime loyalty amongst your current and past employees. We talk about how to create high-performing work cultures ready for the future.
Questions During Podcast
- Why is the title of your book, “The Boomerang Principle?”
- I read a lot about the “gig” economy. How can you maintain loyalty if talent wants to go from job to job?
- How do executive teams need to address these challenges?
- Why did you write this book? Was this an issue you had before?
- What makes an employee leave and come back? Don’t they leave because they feel undervalued?
- What companies have cultures that keep employees coming back?
- Who or what do you listen to or read to get inspiration?
- What do people ask your advice on other than business advice?
- If you didn’t have any responsibilities at home or work next week, what would you do with your time?
- Closing thoughts?