Lauren Waldman is The Learning Pirate. Lauren is revolutionizing organizational learning. She’s a board certified training and development professional. She has spoken all over the world helping businesses and knowledge workers rediscover the power and pleasure of learning.
Lauren and I talk about how we are taught and how that is different from the way we learn. She speaks on information recall and how you think you know information but you don’t. Lauren then talks about the patterns and limits we impose on ourselves and how to engage employees and customers.
The best way to engage an employee is to engage a human. [Click to Tweet]
Chasing your curiosity will drive your continuous learning. [Click to Tweet]
Questions During Podcast
- You speak about neuroscience and learning. It seems this is a different view on traditional learning. Why is it different?
- When you state technology, what do you mean?
- How long is the feedback loop on changing the way we are taught?
- Are Montessori schools ahead of the curve?
- Why aren’t we taught how to concentrate or how to learn?
- Do you have a story of when you witnessed an amazing transformation? What was it? Can it be repeated with others?
- When people seek help, how do they come to the realization?
- What are some things we can do to upgrade ourselves?
- What are some things we all can do to become better students?
- Who or what do you listen to or read to get inspiration?
- Where does your curiosity take you?
- If you didn’t have any responsibilities at home or work next week what would you do with your time?
Links and Mentions
- Dr. Eric Kandel
- Phantoms in the Brain: Probing the Mysteries of the Human Mind – V. S. Ramachandran