Dr. Brynn Winegard (@DrBrynnWinegard) is a world renowned business brain expert. She is a full-time professional keynote speaker who combines brain and business science to dissect, redevelop, and augment how we work. Dr. Winegard teaches about persuasion and influence from a brain perspective and provides several actionable tips.
In this episode, Dr. Winegard explains how our subconscious mind makes decisions over our conscious mind and how that affects buyer behavior. She talks about how social processing versus emotional processing influences the way we interact with each other. She then explains how persuasion and influence are like cognitive ‘jujitsu’ and take advantage of fault lines in our human processing. We are all susceptible, therefore it is effective for sales and marketing people to take advantage.
Questions During Episode
- What do you think we need to know about neuromarketing?
- What do you mean by imaging?
- What are companies doing to better understand their customers?
- Which companies do this well?
- How much does the subconscious process relate to social proof?
- Do you have a favorite story about the sheep / follower effect?
- What are your thoughts on social media platform interactions?
- What type of social effect is that creating?
- What do marketers need to change to become more effective?
- What do you do when you aren’t studying brain science?
Links and Mentions
- Ford UK
- Dove Be Yourself Campaign
- United Colors of Benetton
- 5 Social Threats or Rewards – SCARF Model
Contact Dr. Winegard
Brynn’s 5 most popular keynotes:
- Sales Success: The Brain Science Secrets of Persuasion and Influence
- Success Secrets: Harnessing the Power of Your Subconscious Brain
- The Aging Brain: Maintaining Accuracy, Productivity, Relevance
- Neuroleadership: Using Brain Science to be a Better Leader
- A Motivated Mind: The Brain Science of Motivation and Productivity