Michael Redbord ( @redbord ) is the General Manager of the Service Hub at HubSpot. Prior to that, Michael scaled the HubSpot Customer Support team from 20 people in a single office with single-language phone support to more than 200 people powering a global, multi-lingual, multi-channel support experience. In doing so, Michael turned HubSpot’s customer support team from a cost center to a profit center and one of HubSpot’s greatest engines of growth, with an unimaginable revenue retention rate of over 100%. Essentially, the revenue the sales and marketing teams generate is worth more because of the customer success team. Michael is a noted writer, speaker, and former competitive classical pianist — in case you’re looking for a conversation starter.
Questions During Podcast
- What do you consider the biggest challenge for CMOs and marketers today?
- How do marketing teams need to address these challenges?
- How have you seen digital marketing or digital experiences evolve over your time at Hubspot?
- What reports or data points or KPIs do you monitor in order to optimize?
- What steps are you optimizing today?
- What was one of your most successful moment? What do you brag about?
- What is the toughest support case you had to battle while at Hubspot?
- What did you learn from that and how do you avoid that from happening again?
- How do you manage references and reviews?
- Who or what do you listen to or read to get inspiration?
- What do people ask your advice on?
- If you didn’t have any responsibilities at home or work next week what would you do with your time?
- Closing thoughts?