Theresa Lanowitz (@vokeinc) is Founder and Head Analyst at Voke. She is globally recognized as a relentless advocate for software quality. She is a strategic thinker, and influencer in the software development lifecycle including; testing, virtualization, cyber security, release management, and mobile. Theresa authors the popular “IT Superhero Series” of books.
In this episode, Theresa talks about how marketers should use analysts and experts. She advises marketers be more aggressive and to stop leaning on buzzwords and instead message your unique value proposition.
Questions During Podcast
- How has the market for experts and influencers changed?
- In this age of consolidation what should technology buyers look for from the analyst firms and when should they seek more specialized advice?
- What advice would you offer them to be more effective in positioning themselves?
- How have you seen vendors most effectively use the interactions and outputs for their own marketing?
- What do you consider the biggest challenge for vendors today?
- What software or market would you want to sell in?
- Who or what do you listen to or read to get inspiration?
- If you didn’t have any responsibilities at home or work next week what would you do with your time?
- Closing thoughts?
Links and Mentions
- Service Virtualization
- Shift Left
- Burt Klein
- Vision Global Events
- Wall Street Journal
- Vincent Van Gogh
- Hidden Figures
- Twitter: @vokeinc
- Website: vokeinc.com
- Book: Lifecycle Virtualization: 5 Technologies to Protect Your Brand and Your Business