Jock Purtle is an expert on valuations of high growth internet companies, website valuations, and website brokerage. He has been featured and quoted in Forbes, CNBC, Entrepreneur, Business Insider, Inc.com, Wired, CBS News, Geekwire, TechCrunch about digital businesses. In this episode, Jock explains how to sell a website, the CMO’s role in customer acquisition costs and keeping up with metrics in order to increase the valuation for a digital exit.
Jock’s Big 5
- Cost of goods sold
- Sales per marketing channel
- Profitability per marketing channel
- Overall profit of the company
Questions During Episode:
- What do you consider the biggest challenge for CMOs today?
- What happens to a company that doesn’t have data feedback loops?
- How do executive teams need to address these challenges?
- What are some simple tools companies can use to gather metrics?
- What was your clients most effective channel?
- What does your client think is the most important metric?
- What is the most important metrics to prepare for a sale?
- How do companies find themselves in trouble when spending so much money on advertising?
- Why do people want to sell their business?
- What are buyers looking for?
- Are there any commonalities or trends for when sellers are ready to sell?
- If you didn’t have any responsibilities at home or work next week what would you do with your time?
- Closing thoughts?
- Website – DigitalExits.com