Connor Gillivan is a serial entrepreneur and an expert in eCommerce and online hiring. He co-founded his first eCommerce company out of his dorm room in 2009 and scaled it to sell over $20 million on the Amazon Marketplace. As the business grew, Connor started outsourcing many operations to contractors and became an expert at hiring online.
In 2015, Connor and Nathan Hirsch created FreeeUp, an online hiring marketplace specialized for the eCommerce and digital marketing industries. FreeeUp provides a better way to hire reliable remote workers without having to spend hours upfront recruiting and interviewing. Today, FreeeUp serves over 2,000 online businesses and is rapidly becoming a favorite destination to hire online.
In this episode, I talk with Connor about how he runs marketing at FreeeUp and what tools and processes he uses to build his business, recruit job seekers and find those looking to hire on-line marketers.
Questions During Episode
- Tell me about FreeeUp?
- What have your customers said about comparing your service vs others?
- What do your day to day activities look like?
- What projects are you working on now and for the rest of the year?
- What have you learned from Neil Patel?
- Are you teaching your customers how to recruit?
- What does your customer retention look like?
- What does your branded search look like?
- What are you doing to build your brand?
- How do customers find you today?
- How have you and your team utilized referrals?
- How do you account for your referral program?
- How much do you pay out for referrals?
- What is the best social media channel for your business? Why?
- Twitter: @ConnorGillivan
- LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/connorgillivan/