Forbes named Alan See ( @AlanSee ) one of the most influential CMOs on social media. He is one of the early adopters of both LinkedIn and Twitter and has been building his CMO advisory using his “Power Triangle.” Alan describes this triangle as a blog and using LinkedIn and Twitter to build relationships.
Alan describes his time when starting out in sales in the 1980s. The internet wasn’t used back then so he was able to see the entire social media evolution to advise companies big and small on how to grow their businesses. Even though there has been tremendous technological advancements in sales and marketing, Alan states one thing hasn’t changed when selling. We do business with people we know, like and trust.
Listen in on our conversation and then look for Alan and his wife in one of America’s amazing national parks.
Questions During Episode
- How did you become listed as one of Top 50 Influential CMOs on Twitter?
- Should Twitter expand the 140 character limit?
- How does Twitter grow your business?
- Is social media for sales or to build credibility?
- What marketing advice do your customers ask you for?
- How do you measure social media effectiveness?
- What do you advise your customers to do on Twitter?
- Who is the most interesting person you follow on Twitter?
- Who did you meet in person that started from a Twitter relationship?
- How do you advise people to measure ROI of social?
- How do you advise the small business owner to use social?