- Podcast Page http://thescottking.com/cmo-podcast/
- Past Episodes http://thescottking.com/podcast
- Interview duration – approx 60 minutes
- 20 minutes prep time, 20-40 minutes recording time
Thanks for being a part of the sales and marketing podcast as an expert contributor. I want this to be a great experience for us both and for our audience. Here are a few tips on how we will conduct the interview.
The podcast provides a high-level view to listeners into how sales and marketing leaders run their businesses and build their brands. Each week there will be an episode where you are the expert on generating new business, delighting customers and breaking through all of the digital noise. Example topics can include:
- Creating Content and Stories
- Sales Effectiveness
- Sales and Marketing Alignment
- Sales and Marketing Operations
- Technology and Tools
- Growth Marketing
- Influencer Marketing
- Data Driven Decisions
- Customer / Community Engagement
- PR / Media
- Your Big Idea (this works best)
The goals for the podcast are to provide marketing leaders and practitioners with real-world tips and advice from senior marketers. The guests and I will provide insight to what is and isn’t working to those trying to market their own products, services or looking to enhance their careers.
Who is the Audience?
The audience is mid to senior level marketing leaders or those that want to move up in sales and marketing.
Before We Record
- Obtain a Skype ID or send me your current ID. Mine is “the.scott.king”. We will record the Skype conversation.
- Make sure you have earphones and a microphone for your computer. Most have internal microphones but external mics perform much better. The standard Apple headphones work OK but do have issues with the mic rubbing on your face.
- Find a quiet place to perform the recording. Background noise will be picked up in the recording (people talking, sirens, office noise, outside noise, air conditioners, TVs, etc.).
- We’ll prep and discuss talking points before we begin recording.
- Record Interview.
Where Can I listen to “The Scott King Show”?
You can listen to each episode on the site at thescottking.com/podcast or subscribe via your favorite podcast app. The Scott King Show is syndicated to the following streaming services
Example Questions for podcast
- What do you consider the biggest challenge for CMOs today?
- How do executive teams need to address these challenges?
- What is one tool or service your team depends on more than the others?
- Why does it perform better than others?
- How do you see digital marketing or digital experiences evolving?
- What is your approach to market research?
- What type of data driven decisions are you making?
- What data are you using for marketing purposes (app, crowd sourced, public, etc.)?
- What reports or data points or KPIs do you monitor in order to optimize?
- What can brands learn from emerging disruptive brands?
- What was one of your most successful campaigns? What made it effective and how did you measure that?
- What is something you did for a campaign, initiative or ecosystem that was a long shot but ended up working out?
- What is your most proud accomplishment?
- Describe a time when a project you were overseeing did not go well?
- What did you learn from that and how do you avoid that from happening again?
- If you were at dinner with 4 other CMOs, what would you teach them?
- Who or what do you listen to or read to get inspiration?
- What do people ask your advice on?
- If you didn’t have any responsibilities at home or work next week what would you do with your time?
- Closing thoughts?