Several of my LinkedIn connections have commented on all of the articles that I post on LinkedIn from servicevirtualization.com. For the past 10 months I have automated this process to update my profile as soon as an article is published from any of our authors. It works really well and I have recently created a public way to update your LinkedIn with every article from servicevirtualization.com.
Below are the instructions to complete the set up. You should be on-line and logged into LinkedIn to start the process. The entire process takes less than 10 minutes.
How to Set up servicevirtualization.com Articles to Post to your LinkedIn Profile
1. Click this link. This takes you to a public “Recipe” for a free service called IF THIS THEN THAT https://ifttt.com/recipes/79079
2. You will land on a site that looks like this…
3. Click Use Recipe to proceed to the “Join” function. Be sure and use the email address you will want to receive future blog articles. This could be work or personal. I use my Gmail account which I also use for LinkedIn.
4. Click on “Create account” to proceed to the next step. IFTTT will simultaneously send a confirmation email to you to make sure you are signing up for this service. Be sure and authenticate your email address. After clicking, you will see the screen below.
5. Click on the “Activate” button. This will authenticate your personal LinkedIn account to the service. You must be logged into LinkedIn for this to work. If you get an error go to LinkedIn and log in. Once you authenticate proceed without changing the feed URL or anything else. If you mess it up the then paste the URL back in….
6. Proceed to the “Use recipe” button without editing anything else. All of the pre-formatted text and images have been suited to fit the LinkedIn service.
7. You are now completed with adding all of the blog articles without ever having to manually paste in your LinkedIn updates. The service checks the blogs about every 30 minutes. Future updates will include new articles and not existing ones. Feel free to manually post past articles on our high level categories.